Missing Mom’s Home Cooking
After moving out on my own, one huge thing I noticed was my mom’s “comfort meals” were no longer around. There are so many things I am still learning in the kitchen however, it doesn’t need to be too difficult. Mom has always made the best chicken caesar salad and Lilydale has always made the chicken prep simple. To celebrate time together and Lilydale’s 75th anniversary, mom and I teamed up in the kitchen to show you her secret caesar salad recipe. Meals by Mom – Bonnie’s Classic Chicken Caesar Salad | Ft. Lilydale
Ever since I could remember this was my favorite meal at home. My mom, Bonnie, makes a lot of great comfort meal kind of dishes but chicken caesar salad has always been my fav!
Meals by Mom – Bonnie’s Classic Chicken Caesar Salad | Ft. Lilydale
Bonnie’s Classic Chicken Caesar Salad | Ft. Lilydale
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 1.5 TSP Minced Garlic (or more!)
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)*important note
- 1-2 packages Lilydale Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breast
- 1 cup of Garlic Butter Croutons
Blend all ingredients except EVOO in blender. Then very slowly start adding pouring olive oil into the top of the blender as you blend. You do not want to add the EVOO too quickly or you will collapse the dressing. After the dressing is complete put your blended mix into the fridge to chill.
- Tear up 1 head of fresh, washed Romaine Lettuce and place in a big salad bowl
Prepare Toppings & Chicken
- Prepare toppings – fry up some crispy bacon in a pan (keep the grease from the bacon)
- Once bacon is complete you can heat up your Lilydale fully cooked Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breast in the same pan. The leftover juices will add a smokey flavor to the meat.
- Grate some fresh parmesan cheese
- Add in the garlic butter croutons for added crunch
MIX YOUR DRESSING INTO YOUR SALAD WITH YOUR TOPPINGS AND ADD YOUR LILYDALE OVEN ROASTED CARVED CHICKEN BREAST!
Making new meals in the kitchen can be a lot of fun. But, there is something to be said for a recipe passed down through the generations. Thank you to Lilydale for sponsoring this post and making the protein side of this meal so easy!
What is your favorite comfort food meal? Let me know in the comments below!