Demin Mini Dress
When I was a kid I would constantly be in my mom’s closet trying on her clothes. I loved the idea of dressing more “grown up” back then. Now when I search through her closet the outcome is much more efficient as the pieces actually fit! This Liz Claiborne denim mini dress proves it. The other point this outfit proves is, in time everything comes back in style. This piece is actually quite old, which in my mind makes it that much more sweet in my books.
Growing up in the country is really a treat when the fall season rolls around. In the fall there is an abundance of apple orchards, outdoor markets and autumn hikes to explore. And seriously, as soon as you walk into one of these markets it smells like you have died and gone to heaven! Pie heaven.
Markets to try in the Hamilton and surrounding areas:
Farms & Retail
- Dyment’s Market & Bakery – Dundas *As seen in the photos here!
- The Apply Orchard on Hwy 6 – Open 9 – 5pm everyday except Tuesday (1668 ON-6, Hamilton, ON L8N 2Z7)
- Drummond Farms/ Belvedere Orchards – Check Facebook for times (69 Concession 5 East
- Andrew Scenic Acres – Daily, 8 am – 6 pm (including holidays) (9365 10th Sideroad, Milton)
- Chudleigh’s Family Farm & Apple Orchard – Daily, 10 am – 5 pm (9528 Regional Road 25, Georgetown, Halton Hills)
- Marshall’s Farm – Thursday/Friday 12pm-6pm and Saturday/Sunday in October 10am-4pm. Thanksgiving Monday 10-4 (28th Side Road, Milton)
- Springridge Farm – Saturday & Sunday, September 23 – October 29, 10 am – 4 pm (7256 Bell School Line, Milton)
- Stonehaven Farm – Check for seasonal hours (7388 Guelph Line, Campbellville, Milton)
- Willow Grove Heritage Honey Bee Farm – Daily, 9 am – 8 pm (5576 Regional Road 25, Milton)
- Wheelbarrow Orchards – Thursday – Sunday, 10 am – 4 pm (8277 10th Sideroad, Milton)
- Burlington Farmers Market – Wednesday – Saturday, 8 am – 2 pm; Friday, 8 am – 4 pm; until October 29 (Burlington Mall, Burlington)
- Acton Farmers Market – Thursday, 3 – 7 pm (365 Queen Street., Acton, Halton Hills)
- Georgetown Farmers Market – Saturday, 8 am – 12:30 pm; until October 15 (Main Street South, Georgetown, Halton Hills)
- Milton Farmers Market – Saturday, 7 am – 12 pm until October 8 (Main Street East, Milton)
- Dorval Farmers Market – Saturday, 8 am – 2 pm (Dorval Crossing East, Oakville)
- Oakville Farmers Market – Saturday, 8 am – 2 pm; until October 29 (115 George Street, Oakville)
- Waterdown Farmers Market – Saturdays, 8am – 1pm (Royal Canadian Legion, 79 Hamilton St. N. Waterdown)
If you don’t have plans this weekend I highly suggest checking out one of these places! The butter tarts alone will make the trip worth it!
Leave me a comment letting me know of any other markets or farms in the area! I love sharing ideas on where to go, what to eat and what to do!
Sock top Bootie
The “sock-top” bootie is trending this fall and can be found in all your favorite shoe stores. I fell in love with these little cuties from Steve Madden the moment I saw them. You can find my exact bootie here – The main difference is the zipper on the side of the bootie versus the back. Pairing a bootie with a dress this time of year makes the look last a little longer into the autumn months. This small change gives the appeal of fall but the comfort of less clothing with the hot temperatures lingering.
Woven Drum Bag | 31 Bits
Okay, let’s talk about this adorable bag from 31 Bits. As soon as I saw this bag I fell in love with it’s unique style. I should also add, when I heard the story and origin of 31 Bits I swooned even more.
31 Bits Mission – “Using fashion and design to empower people to rise above poverty.”
Here are some of my favorites from the shop as well as the link to my bag!
Squeezing out the last bit of summer
When everything autumn rolls around, it doesn’t necessarily mean the summer heat is gone just yet. Denim in the fall is a true staple, especially for a country girl like me! Thus, this cute little denim mini dress was the perfect pairing when it came to a day at the market with my girl friend Shannon. I linked a few of my favorite denim finds for you!
What is your go-to fall staple? Let me know in the comments below!